This FOCM card-membership ceremony was a very significant one for several reasons –
- It just happened on November 11, 2017 – making it very recent given my usual delay in posting such things
- It’s too important to delay until I catch up
- recipient and I probably first met when we were pre-schoolers and
- we spent our formative years in that oasis in the desert known as Yuma, AZ
- we slow danced to Stairway to Heaven or maybe it was Nights in White Satin in 8th grade
- wandered around Yuma on New Year’s Eve with a few friends and a few bottles of Boones Farm wine generously donated by our sisters when we were 13
At the recent Kofa High School reunion, this significant event (photo below) was captured.
Jody (Ambur) Nestell received her FOCM membership card. Other than family members, I believe she is the youngest card-holder that I’ve known the longest. Perhaps only Brady Leffler and Jody’s cousin, Ray Face, if they’re ready to accept the responsibilities of card holdership could surpass this.